Our Ummah.......
Al Salamu Alikom wa rahmatu allah wa barakatu...
Dear blogging friends:
I beleive brother a7mad has raised a very important topic in the spring poem's post, I'd like you all to share us with your opinion......
Please read the comments in the spring poem's post, and read the following:
a7mad said:
I'd like to know what u and ur readers think is the reason our Islamic civilization was very successful and powerful and prosperous for the first 700 years after Islam appeared and why did that change in the following 700 years and everything gradually started to decline until we arrived at this lowest point nowadays? What made our civilization's curve begin to go down in the second 700 years instead of going up? If we can diagnose the disease correctly then we can treat it correctly, or at least try our best to do so.
Juwaireyah said:
Well, I guess 3 of the main reasons of such a deterioration is:
1- We don't follow the saying "Verily Allah loves that if one of you does an actionthat he perfects it.” إن الله يحب إذا عمل أحدكم عملا أن يتقنه"it's really sorrowful when we -the ummah of Ihsan or perfection- turn out to be that way, I mean no one does his job to the utmost, wokers may arrive to their jobs and do nothing, just waiting for dismissal time, it's scary when we compare the averages of working times for laborers here and in the US or europe for example.
2- We like to stress on things that aren't clear cut, like for example the issue of whether music is halal or haram in Islam, al niqab, beard, etc.........I'm not saying that discussing these things aren't important, it's just that we shouldn't raise such discussions about issues with different jusristic opinions, you beleive in an opinion, I beleive in another, fine, each one of us follows what he's convinced about and what his heart tells him is right, abd let's move on, instead of talking and talking, we could spend our times in much more important things..
3- People misunderstand islam, they take it as a mere outer crust, whiile in fact it should be a total life style, Islam isn't about the 5 prayers, fasting, and putting on a head scarf, it shapes up your whole attitude, one shouldn't separate between his life and his religion, religion imapcts your attitude, and control what lies inside you.
Well, that's all I can think of now..what do you think?
kalam gameel ya ahmad, we 3ala fekra ana ma3andeesh dish alhamdulillah, marfoooooood.....
Tab3an enta masadda2t wel mawdoo3 geh fel gone :D
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
6:25 AM
1- Youth:
Maho el shabab mesh beyt7arako lieh? 3ashan ya ahmed kolohom beystashelo, ma7desh 3aiez yet3ab fe 7aga, koloh 3aiza el 7aga gahza w sahla, 3ashan bardo ma et3wedoosh men w homa soghieren ya3ni eih esrar w erada w en el wa7ed ye3mel elli howa 3aizoh.
lel2asaf, ana shaifa dah 3ieb fe oslob el tarbia, el ahl ma3lmohomsh ezai yewsalo leili homa 3aizneoh b "Sabr w sho3'l".
2- El-Zerof:
walahi el desh dah karsa begad, el TV 3ala ba3do 3aiez yet3ml feeh 7aga.
han2ol maho feeh 7agat mofeda, maho ma7desh beyshofha, addek 2oltaha, lieh fat7een el MBC, rotana liel w nahar, w lw sebt Eqra2 shweya, yezh2o w yeghiro?
7aga te7zn akeed
el hamdolilah eni ma3ndeesh desh bardo, la3na.
Ana ra2ie en el rak koloh 3ala el biet, 3ashan keda e7na aho, lazm nefakar nerabi awladna sa7, zai ma rabna bey2ol, w netala3hom fe3lan Muslimeen sa7 b deen sa7 w sha7'syat sa7
amin ya rab.
Thanks Juwaireyah for arising this issue.
Posted by
Eman M |
6:08 PM
Rabbena yekremek ya Eman, yes u r right, aham 7aga en e7na nerabby awladna sa7, yemken isA yem3elo elly e7na ma2dernash 3aleh!
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
6:31 PM
Thank u Juwaireyah for ur kind words.
Yes, Eman, u r right. But the question is: How do we raise our children exactly, nirrabi wiladna izzay bizzabt? I know most of us here are young and may not be married or have kids yet, but it's very important to know how best to raise ur future children even before u r married so u can choose the right person to marry because he/she will be ur children's father/mother. So how do we raise our children? What do we teach them is the best way to live each day? Should they spend the 24 hours a day praying and reading Quran? Or working? How can they best use the 24 hours of the day to get the maximum thawab possible? and win the afterlife (akhra) and the herelife (donya)? or is the herelife not important? So, to get the maximum thawab possible every day, when I wake up in the morning tomorrow, how should I divide my time between praying, working, reading Quran, and all the other activities? What if someone is rich and doesn't need to work, should they spend all their time reading Quran and praying? Who gets more thawab, someone working all day (while praying the obligatory 5 prayers only) or someone praying and reading quran all day? Or are they the same?
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:01 PM
this time I totally agree with what you wrote in the topic juwaireyah,
I always called that paying all the time for the small details in our relegion, separates us from the soul of the relegion
also about the real islam, even on islam channels I never find them discussing the real meaning of islam and its orders, all the time discussing hijab, prayers, I am not of course against that , but we need really to stress on the real meaning of islam as the new generations knows nothing about islam but just prayers
finally, we don't just fail to perfect what we do, we most of the time rely on others to do our work, see any group making a project, you will see one man having most of the load and all the others just pretending to help, we of course will never reach as good output as that of a whole real group working togeather
Posted by
freeSoul |
12:29 AM
the only point I wish to add is, we all the time compare to those worse than us
When I talk to someone that comes late, he say: "they all come late, and I come before them all"
and he is happy being the best of the "bad" !!
the second as we said before is all the time we say "eshme3na" =="why me ??"
we never start by ourselves, we all the time wait for someone to follow, so each one stays waiting for another, and nothing is really moving, as you said before we should follow : "wa ana awal al moslemeen" , we should that in all our lifes and never accept to be the second
The last point is resposibility, we forgot that all we do in life we will be asked about in judgement day, we are responsible not just for our kids, but for every tiny responsibility we had in life, wife, child, money, work, country, neighbours,relatives,....
if all the time we watch our responsibility , we will be all fine I think
Posted by
freeSoul |
12:34 AM
Ya A7mad, ezai nerabi awladna deh mesh 7aga sa3ba awi begad, awalan feh great books about this. I'll tell you what I have in my mind:
- First of all, the most important thing is the life partner, ya3ni to choose the right person to marry, the religious one, the one who REALLY wants to build an islamic family, w yegeeb awlad yesle7o el omma deh, w yokono methal ra2e3 lel muslim(a).
w religious hena mesh m3naha eno byesali w yesom, religious ya3ni bey3mel kol 7aga 3ashan rabna, feh kol d2e2a, 3aref en rabna m3ah, w tafaseel ketera.
- Second, mawdo3 el tarbeya dah, ma7desh abdan abadan 2al en e7na ne3lemhom ye2ado yomhom koloh praying w qur2an only! never!
Aham 7aga en ne3lemhom yo7oto neya fe kol 7aga bey3meloha, hadeek examples men tafkeeri:
- yero7 el gym/sports, 3ashan yeb2a ensan b gesm saleem w qowa w se7a (neya => Rabna edani gesm w lazm a7afez 3lieh saleem la2ennaha ne3ma, w 3ashan ab2a ensan muslim qawi a2dar adafe3 3an nafsi fe ay mawqef, aw a2dar asa3ed ghieri)
- reading and learning, 3ashan bardo my mind is ne3ma men rabna, lazm ab2a a cultured person, lazm ab2a open-minded muslim who thinks well and applies well, and who is knowledgeable
- Going out safari or nature watching, ba7r w khodra, 3ashan "El Ta2oml fe Khalq Allah" dah aslan 3ebada
w 3ashan el "Tarwee7 3an el nafs" bardo rabna 2allena 3lieh, f have fun, enjoy the beauty and relax.
See?
Ya3ni I can teach him/her all these things beside the regular praying, fasting and qur2an and beside other way on "how to deal with others", "how to help others", "how to be a leader", "how to be a fighter", "how to be a loving person and full of inner beauty"
All All in the frame of Islam, with the "neya" in everything done.
Got what I mean? All this means raising up a RELIGIOUS person.
And I beleive that's what Amr Khaled in Sona7 El 7ayah is trying to do, rabna yekremo.
I beleive the answer of your last question is included in the things I said above.
M3lesh I wrote a lot.
Posted by
Eman M |
10:19 AM
All u wrote is beautiful Eman and I agree 1 million % with it, Barak Allah feeki and I am sure many who read this agree with what u said. I am sure every word of what u said now has given u incredible thawab and will continue to give u thawab forever because everyone who reads it and uses it and benefits from it and teaches what u said to others keeps giving u thawab. The Prophet (Peace and prayers be upon him said) that one of the things that continue to give u thawab after u leave this world is 'knowledge that u taught to other people who benefited from this knowledge'. So thank u and plz anyone else who has good advice and good ideas plz plz participate.
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:09 PM
Juwaireyah, I hope u can excuse me for commenting on someone else's blog here for the first and last time, but Eman M's post doesn't allow except bloggers to comment. I hope Eman will change this condition. : )
Eman, ur post on 'CinemaxCinema' is so true especially the analysis at the beginning on the negative effects on the men and women watching.
However, the effects of ur post just before it which has sayings on marriage are more negative than positive and cause frustration about the idea of marriage. This is just my view. Why focus on the negative aspects of marriage like this? Even if they are funny and/or true? This post has made me so sad and depressed although ur other post about the effect of the movies we watch was so so beautiul and had such an excellent analysis in it.
And I agree with u about Miss 'Egypt'. : ) I felt the same way watching that live show,too.
Thank u both Juwaireyah and Eman.
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:29 PM
a7mad, you can comment on my blog, I changed the option.
Bas aslan you have your own account, why didn't you login by it? please reply there
Posted by
Eman M |
3:07 PM
Yes dear Eman, u r totally right, Rabbena yekremek 3ala el kalam el gameel da :))
a7mad, the blog is urs, write anything u want, u don't need my permission at all :))
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
8:52 PM
Thank u, Juwaireyah. : )
U didn't tell me what u think of Harun Yahya's movies.
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:32 AM
I thought a lot about why our Islamic civilization was so strong in the first 700 years and then weakened till it reached this lowest point and here's my personal analysis:
Part ONE:
When the Prophet Mohammed came, he taught people TRUE Islam and the first moslems practiced it, but for historic reasons this practicing of TRUE Islam was distorted and changed. I'll explain.
TRUE Islam teaches us that people on the day of judgement will be judged on 3 things, and these will decide whether we win paradise, or not, and how high we will be in paradise. They are, in the order of importance:
1-Allah (God)
2-Al-Nas (People)
3- Al-3ilm wal-3amal (Knowledge and Work)
This means the most important thing is ur relationship with God, i.e believing in 1 God, praying, fasting, 7ajj etc. , doing all the forood on time.
But that is not all of religion, because after that, ur relationship with People is very important, and these people include ur parents, husband/wife, children, relatives, neighbors, fellow citizens, members of the opposite sex, members of another religion, and even people u r fighting a war with. Thus no 3oqooq walidein, no stealing from people, no zina, no lying, no gossip, no name-calling, etc.
Look at all the Kaba2ir and u will see they are either about ur relationship with God or with People.
Some people think that that is all religion. It is not. These are the 2 things that save u from hell and enter u into paradise, bi2iznIllah, but if u want to get higher and higher in Paradise then point No. 3 is extremely important and it is a main component of Islam: Knowledge and Work, which means seeking all kinds of useful knowledge and spreading it to all humans, and doing good productive work that makes money. The proof of this is a VERY important saying of the Prophet: " Iza mat al3abd inqata3a 3amalaho 3an il-donya illa min thalath: 3ilmun 3allamahu fantafa3a alnasu bihi, sadaqatun gariya, aw waladun sali7un yad3u lah" , which means that when we die there are ONLY 3 ways to continue to get 7asanat, and they all depend on Knowledge and Work. Work so u can make money so that u can leave more and more sadaqa gariya. Work so u can get married and support children that will pray for u after u die, and the Knowledge to raise them correctly, and of course Knowledge so u can teach to others. Military Jihad is considered 3amal 3askari, i.e military work.
So, u may live for 80 years, but remain dead for thousands of years, just like Abu Bakr il-Sideeq and Omar ibn il-Khattab, both dead for over 1300 years now, and they continue to get thawab not for their prayers, or fasting, but for the knowledge they taught, and the sadaqa gariya they left, if it still exists. So Islam is God then People then Knowledge and Work, in that order, but all 3 are essential to get into paradise and get higher in it. And if we apply all 3, we win both the afterlife and the world-life. Islamic civilization grew strong because of people working and making money and building a strong economy, exploring science and teaching knowledge to others, including Europe, with scientists like Ibn Il-Haytham, Ibn Rush, Khawarizmi and many more.
…………To be continued. (Sorry for the length).
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:34 AM
This is great ya a7mad, God bless you....
And I'd like to add a saying
إذا قامت القيامة و فى يد أحدكم فسيلة فليزرعها
waiting for part 2, then I'll comment on both parts
Thanks :))
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
6:40 AM
I'll download Harun yahia's movies and tell u my opinion ya a7mad...
But one thing, I'm NOT against evolution, fa I guess that'd be my first comment, since Harun objects to evoultion.....
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
6:46 AM
I agree with u about the Evolution thing. : ) He is strongly anti-evolution fi3lan. However, Darwin's theory of evolution implies that living organisms evolved from each other spontaneuosly (i.e without any need for divine supervision and without any creation of the original first cell). Check out the 'Intelligent Design Theory' which I personally believe, and which opposes Darwin's theory but states that evolution is acceptible if it means things changed and formed from each other, but there must have been an intelligent power that designed this whole system, guided it, supervised it, and created it's origin. Darwin doesn't say those things. U can google the 'Intelligent Design Theory' and check it out. Evolution is kilma mattata and many have used it to imply there is no God lil-asaf.
And u don't need to download all Harun's movies, just the ones u like. And I personally don't agree with everything Harun says, but he has done a truly great effort for Islam. Thank u.
Until now, only Hamza Yusuf and Amr Khalid are the two that I have never disagreed with on anything.
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:04 AM
Thank u for ur kind words, Juwaireyah. I will continue with part 2 and maybe 3 as soon as possible insha2Allah. Juwaireyah what's ur email? And why don't u post it on ur blog profile? If u don't want to post it here for any reason then could u plz email it to me at egyptchampion@yahoo.com? Thanks.
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:25 PM
Finally I found soemone who agrees with evolution in the same sense as I do "Intelligent Design theory", that's what I exactly beleive in....
You know Dr. Abdul Saboor Shaheen? he wrote a book called أبى آدم , it says that Sayedna Adam wasn't the first human being (which I personally beleive in), but he didn't highlight on the evolution point, well the thing is, my father is writing part two for that book called فى موكب أبى أدم "التطور الموجه ذو المعنى "and it would be published soon isA.
I'm really glad u beleive in that...
And yes, I guess the only ones whom I didn't disagree with till now are Hamza Yusuf and Amr Khaled...
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
12:24 AM
Well, part 2, 3, and 4 if u want ya a7mad, mashaAllah ur opinions are really good, we'd love if u share them with us,
I sent u an email....
salam :)
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
12:55 AM
Thanks : ). I'll post the other parts soon, insha2Allah. But I have so much to say on that topic and am trying to condense it and hope people get exactly what I want to say. It's a huge topic.
May God bless u and ur father's work, Juwaireyah. I think there were some inaccurate things in 3abd-el saboor saheen's book such as how old the Earth is, and other things. His interpretations of 'bashar' and 'insan' are also his own only. I didn't read his book, but it is an ijtihad that caused controversy. His interpretations maybe right, but I saw a debate between him and Zaghlool Naggar where Shaheen looked very weak and couldn't defend his views. (I also disagree with some of Zaghlool's views, too).I totally agree with 'Intelligent Design Theory' which is purely scientific without any religious influence. And I was happy exactly like u when I discovered something that says exactly what I believe in, too : ).
What other books has ur dad written or is writing?
Thank u for the email, Juwaireyah.
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:08 AM
Wow : ). Ur dad's book is the exact explanation of Intelligent Design Theory. So I guess he will benefit by checking the theory out and visting the sites on it. Sub7an Allah. Sodfa ghareeba : )
Does ur post mean ur dad is Dr. Shaheen? If so, I'm sorry about what I said above : ) No hard feelings, plz. : )
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:34 AM
LOL, no my dad isn't dr. shaheen, my dad is a professor of general surgery... he started writing that book, because he had some objections regarding Saboor's book (the same u pointed out), so he had a meeting with him and highlighted these points out, so Saboor asked him to write this book to elaborate these points.
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
11:35 AM
free soul, yes u r right
this word "eshme3na" shamma3a el wa7ed bey3alla2 3aleha takseero, why not be the first? why wait for others to start? why not be the first??
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
1:31 PM