So, why Juwaireyah in specific....?
Surely, you'll all be asking now, then why the name Juwaireyah in specific, why not one of the other 11 names??
Well, I do not have a clear or straight answer for that.... All I know that I fell in love with the name and the character from the first time I read about her, I was reading that wonderful book by Dr. 3a2esha Abdul Rahman (Bent Al Shate') called تراجم سيدات بنت النبوة and it really touched my heart, then I listened to Amr Khaled talking about her too.......
I just felt so connected to her, felt as if I knew her a long time ago, and ever since then I got that name associated to me wherever I go, even my friends now call me "J"...
Her story starts when some of the jews called بنى المصطلق were preparing to invade Al Madinah Al Monawara, under the command of الحارث بن أبى ضرار بن حبيب المصطلق الخزاعى So, the prophet went out to fight them before they come to Al Madinah, He won, and all the jews were captured, amog who were captured was Juwaireyah, who's their leader's daughter.
فبينا هو جالس يوما فى حجرة عائشة سمعت امرأة تستأذن فى لقائه صلى الله عليه و سلم, و قامت عائشة إلى الباب لترى من تلك, فإذا شابة حلوة, مفرطة الملاحة "لا يراها أحد إلا أخذت بنفسه" فى نحو العشرين من عمرها, ترتجف قلقا و ذعرا و قد زادها انفعالها حيوية و جمالا
تقول عائشة رضى الله عنها: "فو الله ما هو إلا أن رأيتها فكرهت دخولها على النبى صلى الله عليه و سلم, و عرفت أنه سيرى منها الذى رأيت..."
و دخلت الشابة المليحة فقالت فى ضراعة تمازحها عزة:
"يا رسول الله أنا بنت الحارث بن ضرار, سيد قومه, و قد أصابنى من البلاء ما لم يخف عليك, فوقعت فى السهم لثابت بن قيس...فكاتبته على نفسى, فجئتك أستعينك على أمرى"
و رق قلبه الكريم للعربية الخزاعية, بنت سيد بنى المصطلق, فى موقفها ببابه ضارعة إليه, و لا من تلوذ به فى محنتها سواه.
و تكلم صلى الله عليه و سلم فقال: "فهل لك فى خير من ذلك؟"
سألت فى لهفة و حيرة:" و ما هو يا رسول الله؟"
قال: "أقضى عنك كتابتك و أتزوجك"
فتألق وجهها الجميل بفرحة الغبطة, و قالت و هى لا تكاد تصدق أنها نجت من الضياع و الهوان: "نعم يا رسول اللهّ"
قال صلى الله عليه و سلم: "قد فعلت!"
So, what happened after that is that all of the sahaba released those in capture, coz they hated to have one of the prophets' wives' family in theur capture.
و أقبلوا على من بأيديهم من أسرى قومها, فأرسلوهم أحرارا و هم يقولون: "أصهار رسول الله"
و دخلت العروس بيت النبى صلى الله عليه و سلم و ما من امرأة أعظم على قومها بركة منها: أعتق بزواجها من رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم أهل مائة بيت من بيوت بنى المصطلق.
Her name was Borra, but the prophet named her Juwaireyah after he married her...
Well, that's all to say about that great woman, hope I've made you love her as much as I do, may Allah unite us all in paradise with them isA....
Thanks a lot ya bashmohandes :)
fe3lan I need every grade u can get me :s !!!!
Posted by
# Juwaireyah # |
10:35 PM